Thursday, March 18, 2010

ICC

I'd like to set the record straight. On the Predator Masters Forum, I responded to a posting about Wildlife Tech e-callers and said that I was not sure if they were ICC certified but was fairly certain that FoxPro wasn't. A subsequent post by FoxPro pointed out my mistake. They are in fact ICC certified. My mistake. What I should have said was: The last time I checked in Sept. 2009, they were not ICC certified. FoxPro was certified in Oct. 2009, about a month after I last checked. I guess certifying late is better than never certifying at all.

After doing a bit of probing, it turns out that FoxPro seemingly got certified after another company turned them in to the ICC. This was also about a month after I spoke with Steve Dillon and asked him if FoxPro e-callers were certified in Canada. At that point in time, they weren't, and Steve confirmed that to me.
Nonetheless, FoxPro is ICC certified as of late 2009. I still have not seem an ICC sticker on any of their remotes, but I'm sure they must have it on newer production runs. The ICC is a little stingy on that rule!
Anyway, my apologies to FoxPro regarding my statement. I should have re-checked the ICC website before posting my response on the forum. It was a classic case of foot-in-the-mouth on my part. I would have posted an apology on the Predator Masters Forum, but they banned me shortly after I posted it.
I wonder if Predator Masters removes banned users from the members count that they send to potential advertisers. After all, I cannot even go to their website. How are advertisers going to sell product to all those people if they cannot see the site? If all the banned users were counted and subtracted from the member role that Predator Masters sends to advertisers, I wonder how many people would be left?
Anyway, I digress. My humble apologies, FoxPro. Congrats on your ICC certification!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Rojo said...

Charles, be very wary of people who make an attempt of fame via the internet. Example - the fine folks at Predatormasters. The very best in the business don't spend much, if any time on the web with self promotions, they do it the old fashioned way, by earning it. Yet, some try to fast track it by making thousands of posts and being a moderator or administrator at some site. While these individuals think that they're getting well known and famous, most of the real hunters are sitting back and laughing it off.

To all the PM mods who are monitoring Mr. Shawley's site, GET A LIFE, YOU AINT IMPRESSING ANYBODY, WE ALL KNOW YOU'RE A BUNCH OF PHONIES!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Dr. Charles R. Shawley said...

Rojo, I appreciate your thoughtful comment. I could not agree with you more about spending time on the web. I'd rather be hunting. For some reason, all of a sudden I am getting hits on my website and blog, and people are commenting more and more. I guess it was inevitable.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't the predatormasters moderators considered the biggest jokes on the internet world of predator hunting? Look at any other hunting forum and these jokers are constantly lamblasted. Yes its obvious that the pm mother truckers think they're impressing everybody but the fact is, the big names in the know don't buy into it.

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps you were banned for making comments on Predator Masters posing as someone else and not yourself.

Double-super-secret identities are not welcomed at Predator Masters, and you seem to have found that out the hard way.

I'm sure your 11 readers may feel sorry for you, but let's not try and mislead your adoring public shall we?

7:42 PM  
Blogger Dr. Charles R. Shawley said...

Sorry to disappoint you…same login and same profile for three years and only posted about eight times. I think you’re giving PM too much credit.

Eleven readers? Wow! I thought it was only three. You’ll have to give me the names of the other eight. Please refrain from visiting this blog, or I’ll have toad you to the list and bring my total up to twelve.

By the way, you posted anonymously and didn't sign your comment. Who's being double-super-secret now!?!

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr.

Sorry to hear about your banned status at the BS site predatormasters. However, don't be too alarmed as you are in company with HUNDREDS of other hunters who have been been banned as well.

Don't worry though. The Moderator Nazi's there are doing themselves in!

Keep an eye out for two new websites talking all about the BS moderators there!

Good luck.

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home