Thursday, October 28, 2010

Latest Rumor

I heard a great rumor about me this morning, so I thought I would set the record straight.

The Rumor: I got fired from Predator Xtreme because I was a stakeholder in Kanati Tek.

The Truth: I am not a stakeholder in Kanati Tek. After testing all the e-callers for Predator Xtreme, I chose my favorite, which happened to be the Kanati Tek CX-1. I bought two Kanati Tek e-callers (CX-1 and PX-2) and had them dipped in M2D Camo. Later, after I was fired, I bought another Kanati Tek e-caller (PX-1).

Because of the legality of posting emails, I will withhold names and parts of the email. However, I will post a section of an email dated 3/11/10 from someone at PX. If anyone at PX says any different about the reason, I will no longer be legally required to withhold any email from PX regarding the matter.

"From my understanding, the deal with PX was due in large part to a major advertiser being unhappy. While I was not in talks or discussions about any wrong doings, it seemed that the unrest was focused on something you had done to upset the advertiser. That’s the extent of my knowledge of this subject. I don’t believe any of this stemmed from Ralph, but more so from publishers and sales."

Because this "major advertiser" (read that as FoxPro...I got proof...all I need is PX to deny that it was them) got me fired, I decided to help out Kanati Tek in any way possible. So I went on a TV show and used a Kanati Tek e-caller. I shot a few short video clips that Kanati Tek subsequently turned into a short commercial. I found out about the commercial a little while after it aired on WildTV and the Sportsman's Channel. I was happy to help, and it was completely gratis.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the fuck, Chuck? Please tell why Les Johnson is no longer involved with Kanati Tek? Are you the "new" Les Johnson for Kanati Tek?

I ask again, what the fuck, Chuck?

5:29 PM  
Blogger Dr. Charles R. Shawley said...

I am not the new Les Johnson. Other than using the product (which I paid for), I have no affiliation with Kanati Tek. The Les Johnson story is long and involved and it is hardly worth even mentioning. I wish both sides well.

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have heard that once Foxpro gets there mitts into an organization or publication,m they try to railroad them. I too have had a similar experience but with another call manufacturer. Once they found out that Foxpro even talked to us, they backed off. Hmmm...makes you wonder about Foxpro ethics

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Randy said...

I have a Fox Pro caller and it works fine for me when I use an e-call. I have never met Dr. Shawley, but have conversed with him on a forum that I frequent. He has always given straight up advice. If he says that Kanati Tek makes a supirior call, that is good enough for me. If I ever buy another e-call, I will definitely give them a look.
I am at a loss as to why so many people today have a need to use profanity to express themselves. Limited vocabulary I guess.

3:38 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

I own a cx-1 and im super happy with it. sounds, functions remote and overall quality of the call. the battery life is awesome the range on the remote is longer than anyone should ever need in any call situation. my only regret is not getting the bult in decoy. I looked into some of the others including foxpro but with all the issues ranging from remote ranges to having to use nihm batteries to get the best resluts i decided to go kanati tek.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Dr. Charles R. Shawley said...

Brownie,

You could always send in the e-caller and get the decoy put in it, or you could buy the stand-alone decoy that works with it. I would give Kanati Tek a call and see what they can do for you. You might also be able to simply upgrade it completely. You never know...until you ask them.

1:55 PM  
Blogger JusticeNetwork said...

Love your dedication The article on coyote eyes...and what they see. I would like to get a copy...Thanks!

Dr. Trent Saxton, DC. ME.

7:49 PM  
Blogger JusticeNetwork said...


Please send coyote eye article to doc@drugfreeusa.com Thanks

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Trent said...

Dr. Shawley, Please send any new research you may have on coyotes to doc@drugfreeusa.com

I really enjoy your research, we need to exchange notes on coyote experiences. I too hunt Montana. Plentywood and Antelope area, NE corner of the state.

Regards,
Trent

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home