Thursday, January 15, 2009

Deer Hunters

It must just be a personal thing, but I am a predator hunter. I am not a deer hunter. However, I do use the deer that I shoot. I was out in the field right after deer season, and I found this coyote. While I have no proof, I imagine that a deer hunter shot this coyote. I have no problem with that. However, I would have preferred that the shooter did something with the coyote. Tan or sell the hide. Do anything constructive with this animal. Don't let it rot. I looked the coyote over to see if the hide could be salvaged, but to no avail. I was coyote hunting on this day, and my selfish nature wished this coyote was still alive so that I could have called it. I would have used the pelt!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. Most deer hunters around here are also farmers, so whenever they see a coyote they shoot it on sight.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home